Wednesday, January 25, 2017

New York, New York!



By now, many of you know that I was in  New York to meet up with a few of my east coast friends.  Carolyn posted about our meet up and shopping day last week. I had a great weekend, but a few days later I came down with a very bad head cold. Today I am still not 100 percent but feeling much better.

When I arrived at the hotel on Friday night (1-13-17), I joined Andrea, Gaylen, and Carolyn for dinner.  We had a wonderful visit and discussed how we would shop the Garment Center on Saturday.  Of course, our first stop would be Mood Fabrics.




This was my first shopping experience in the physical store.  Let me tell you, it is huge.  If your in NY, you should check it out.  My fabric haul was heavy.  So I just had them ship it to me.  Our mini shopping spree also included stops at:  SIL Threads, Chic, Pracific Trimming, and Spandex House were I purchased more fabric and other sewing goodies.  It was a fun day of shopping.  There were many, many stores in the area, but too many to stop by in a short period of time.  Carolyn was so good about mapping out some great spots to hit during our day of shopping.

After a very hard day of work, I mean shopping, we  went to Rosa Mexicano for dinner.  A few more ladies join us:  Sheila and Olgalyn.  We had a fantastic time and I couldn't believe the weekend was nearly over.  I wanted to stay for at least two more days.

We made the trek back to the hotel.  Most of the sewing ladies headed back to the homes.  Andrea and I spent one more night at the hotel.



Then on Sunday morning we palled around New York city.  Andrea and parted our ways as I got into the taxi to head for the airport.  I smiled and chuckled as I reflected on the great time I had with my friends.  A special group of friends that I would have never known.  I first met most of them on the internet through blogging and social media.  A lot of bad can be say about the internet and social media, but there is also a lot of good to be say as well.  What I know for sure, these things have made it possible to establish friendships across vast bodies of water hundreds, thousands of miles away.

Parting Shot:  Me pictured with Eric owner of Mood.  Great Guy!

Happy Sewing!
C

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip ! I feel I have many sewing friends I've never met , but I do love "chatting " with them . Mood is such a great place , but always intimidating 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you all had a blast. "Hard day of work I mean shopping" - I feel you! Can hardly wait till I get there! That fabric haul looks fabulous! Hope you feel 100% better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn was busy that week, as we meet up in New York as well. She's a wonderful and generous guide!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so great spending time with you and Andrea and I'm so glad that you had a good time! Though that Mood picture is deceiving cause that's not all you bought there! 😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon. It must have been really fun hanging out with fellow sewists! I'd love to shop at Mood some day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin