Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Color - New Life New Beginnings with Greenery - 2017 Color of the Year


Pantone has named Greenery the color of the year. It symbolizing renewal.  It speaks spring.  Greenery is the new neutral.  Pantone has provided several color combinations from brights to pastels. Surprisingly, there are many color combinations that I didn't imagined would work together.  Luckily enough, many of the palettes contained a few colors from my personal color palette (outlined in red) that will work for me.

Below are the palettes each having a catchy name associated with them.  My favorites are Moody Blooms and Fathomless because they contain many of my favorite colors. What are your favorite combinations?  Will these palettes influence the color fabric, garments, hair you select this year?

 

 






10 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about this. I love rich vibrant colors and don't see any groupings like that, so I guess I won't be going down Pantone's color path this year. I have, though, been seeing a lot of moss/olive greens paired with aqua in the stores lately. I love the aqua, but not the shades of greens that I've seen paired with the aqua.

    Summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Summer. I just think it is interesting how Pantone mixes and matches colors with the color of the year. Of course, we all have to choose colors that look best on us no matter what the color of the year is.

      Delete
  2. Maybe... I am usually influenced by colors I know will look good on me, and green isn't high on my list. I usually choose a few colors, then invariably end up trying another color based on an inspiration photo I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Fortunately, this year's color is one that works well with my skin tone.

      Delete
  3. I'm enjoying knowing about the Pantone color ideas each year, but I think this green(ery) is hard to wear, and for me, quite frankly it reminds me of the color of hospital scrubs and my high school cafeteria. No bueno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, HelenKo. We each have to go with what works for us.

      Delete
  4. Haha-- Fathomless and Deep Rooted are in my closet 24 sevens! Greenery-- oh! I was wondering when my time would come! My favorite!!!

    *hugs*
    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee Hee, Kelley. Some of them are in my closet too. I hope to add a few more colors this year.

      Delete
  5. Valerie, there are a few colors in the Ethereal palette that will work for me. The challenge is seeing how the colors will work together in a garment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really nice. I'm with you on the Moody Blooms colors. That's pretty much my closet and fabric stash! But the Calm It Down is soft without being too pastel-y!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin